Do you feel like your business is in the weeds? Can’t find enough people to show your presentation to? No luck with cold market prospecting? No luck with any kind of prospecting? You have to think differently and you know that what your sponsor might have told is not working. So what can you do to work on your dried up, non-working, prospecting techniques? Try something different, step out of your comfort zone, and most importantly don’t be afraid to announce that you’re in business.
WHY ARE YOU NOT BEING CONSIDERED A BUSINESS PERSON
Are you involved in your local business community? Putting out business cards at local networking events is a great way to start generating leads for your business. Depending on your niche or the industry you’re business serves, you can attend training seminars and offer value from your expertise – not pitching your business, but really adding to the discussion. Attending Job fairs is another way to get some insight into what people are looking for. Many times people who attend job fairs aren’t unemployed, but looking for an opportunity..for something better..wanting to be a part of something and are tired of working for a company. Businesses also advertise right? What would be so strange about you placing an ad in a local paper? In the video, I mention Craigslist as a possible place to advertise – Craigslist receives approximately 50 billion views per month.
ARE YOU LOSING LEADS ON YOUR WEBSITE
Maybe you’re incorporating on-line marketing to generate leads for your business. Do you have a system designed to capture information from your website visitors? Do you know how many visitors you are receiving each day or month? How long are they staying on your website and what information seems to get the most attention? If you’re not using a lead management system to capture leads and engage your customers/prospects then you ARE missing valuable opportunities to make contact with people who are interested in your content. Places like Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter don’t like you to take visitors off of their properties, but you can host capture pages in Page tabs on your Facebook Fanpage. Make sure you have a way to capture leads where ever you visitors find your content.
GET IN THE GAME AND OUT OF THE WEEDS
Whichever ways you choose to generate leads, the final thing left for you to do is take ACTION! Start establishing yourself in your local business community and start engaging others in your niche by adding content. Finally, have a system to follow-up and build relationships – both on and off line. If you’re looking for more tips on building a business make sure to sign up for my FREE Lead generation system and inside you’ll get valuable training for promoting your business.
Network marketers, especially New ones, get stumped by what they think they can do every day to progress or push their businesses forward. If you have ever been in sales before, you know that there is a formula for tracking how many presentations you need to make in order to make one sale. It comes down to getting your message in front of decision makers on a regular basis. Whether you’re using offline or online methods for getting your presentation seen, you can use the following 3 methods daily towards growing your following which will grow your business.
1. Send people to your lead capture system – the more people you can get on your list, the more people you can build relationships with. A couple of ways to get them to your lead capture system is to offer training or information that addresses a problem your prospect is having – for example offering a free video on 5 free lead generation techniques.
2. Share what you learn daily – every company/opportunity has a weekly or monthly training call. Make sure to post on your blog, facebook fanpage, facebook group, or twitter your key take-a-ways from the training. Of course you want to apply the training to your business. If you have success with a particular technique or strategy, that is an even more compelling story to share.
3. Invite your prospects to listen to your training call or webinar. If you are short on prospects, post a link to Facebook groups or Google+ communities that you are active in, post to Forums, and anywhere else that you actively engage in an online community. For offline prospecting, make sure that you have a business card that you can leave with your prospect that clearly gives them the link or phone number to your call, the time of the presentation, and get their phone number and a commitment so that they know you’ll be following up afterwards.
If you’re actively engaged in methods 1 & 2, inviting prospects will be much easier. Especially if you are using online methods to invite prospects. The people in your Facebook groups or Google+ communities will already be familiar with your regular content and will likely follow your invite to your training because you have been providing them with relevant content on a regular basis.
The key to making any business building strategies work is to provide regular and valuable content to your community. Make a commitment to provide daily content and you will see opportunities to share your business expand. Your content will get you noticed, but you may be losing prospects if you don’t have a lead capture system in place. If you’re looking for a lead capture system that you can test drive for free, without ever having to pay for leads, check out my Free Lead system and discover how to generate leads for any business while offering value to your prospects and current team members. Stop struggling to find a way to generate leads and become a hero to your team mates when you share this completely free system with them too!
WHY YOU SHOULD BE USING HANGOUTS
Google hangouts provide the average person with the tools they need to share information, real-time, about their network marketing business. You don’t have to be a techie, you just need a laptop with a camera. Most laptops come with at least a webcam installed now days. Some of the ways that you are prospecting and sharing your presentations online should, if you’re not already, include some video marketing. You can rank hangout videos very quickly for the topic you are presenting and you can provide your viewers and participants with a link below your hangout video that will take them to your online presentation. Again, if you’re not using some type of video marketing for your network marketing business, you’re missing out on easy traffic for your lead capture and presentation pages.
3 ways you can use Google Hangouts to generate leads
- Using hangouts for webinars – most prospects online place a very high value on webinars and the webinar has become a great way to not only educate your prospect, but interact with them as well. With a high perceived value, you also position yourself as an authority and trusted adviser.
- Alternative to the 3-way call – instead of your team members putting you on the phone, you can do a business presentation for anyone on the planet (that has access to an internet connection).
- Marketing/Educating your prospect on the benefits that your product and/or service provides. Most of us are not expert copy writers, at least not initially, and what we wouldn’t be able to convey on paper or on a sales letter, we can make up for by telling our story. Your prospects will be able to see and hear your energy, enthusiasm, and passion for your products and business.
If you’re not using Hangouts, add them to your marketing and put your own personal touch on everything that you do online. Please comment and share if you found this information helpful. If you have questions or need help setting up your Youtube channel to do a live event/hangout just post your questions in the comments section below.
Don’t forget to check out my FREE gift No Cost formula for generating leads for your network marketing business. Click Here to watch the replay of the hangout.
The altitude above 23,000 feet is consider to be the “DEATH ZONE” and mountain climbers, like Ed Viesturs, know that in order to have a chance at reaching a summit like K-2 or Everest, you have to be equipped both mentally and physically. So how did the first American to climb all 14 of the highest peaks in the world teach me about Network Marketing? In his book “No Shortcuts to the Top,” Ed Viesturs shares A LOT about life and perseverance, and these 5 methods for surviving the toughest obstacles you could ever face – even if his were above 23,000 feet.
5 Mountain Climber Tips For Network Marketers
1. Don’t get Summit Fever – Visualizing yourself succeeding and focusing on the end result is essential for helping you decide what tasks you need to complete in order to be successful. BUT…if you only focus on the SUMMIT, you can get stuck NOT ACTING.
2. Train Hard – Network marketing is a profession and professionals are ……wait for it………..MADE not born. There are many marketers out there that make 6 and 7 figure incomes that you have never heard of. Why? Because not all of them are naturally charismatic or natural born speakers, but they still get results. They get results by always learning, studying, practicing, and teaching the skills that are necessary to be successful.
3. Know when to quit – Not quitting your business, but know when to quit waiting on people that aren’t worth your time. If you are spending time talking with people that may are may not want to join your business, move ON! You have to continually prospect and feed your business with fresh people to show your presentation to.
4. Get out of the DEATH ZONE quick! – For network marketers the DEATH ZONE is surrounding yourself with negative, skeptical, people. If you’re enthusiasm, entrepreneurial spirit, focus, tenacity is not enough to inspire them… my best advice? Change the people around you if you can’t change the people around you.
5. There are NO SHORTCUTS TO THE TOP – There is no secret code that can compensate for TAKING ACTION, continually learning and improving yourself, and teaching others. Without providing value to your team, you can’t make it to the top.
If you’ve read this far then I hope you’re ready to take the next step. If you’re in the DEATH ZONE, GET OUT! If you’re waiting for the magic secret that will show you how to go from $0 to $25,000 a day, it doesn’t EXIST! But what you can do is make a commitment, RIGHT NOW, to make an investment in yourself. Are you ready to discover what the Top earners are using, TODAY, to help people just like you become full-time network marketers? Follow this special link to get the details. If you’re interested in reading more about Ed Viesturs, an awesome read by the way, just click on the picture above to get a copy.
Prospecting Tips From a Hostage Negotiator
Believe it or not, it takes some skill to talk enough sense into a disturbed person to have them calm down long enough to get them help. In my short career in law enforcement, I had the opportunity to be trained as a hostage negotiator and part of that training involved interviews and interrogations. I have never interrogated anyone that was a potential prospect, but some of the WAYS I approached interviews and interrogations apply.
1. Find something you have in common – commonality. It’s easy to break the ice in a conversation when you obviously have something in common with someone. Maybe it’s a football team you both like, or maybe it’s the kind of cars you both like. This is almost like going for the low hanging fruit because chances are if you find a prospect that likes the same things as you, you probably have similar lifestyles.
2. Build rapport – the easiest way to build rapport with someone is to pay them a compliment – even if it’s in a round-about way. If you’ve established commonality, it will be easier to build rapport because you’re literally “speaking their language”. Be careful not to be perceived as the snake oil salesman when you’re dishing out compliments – Be genuine! and speak casually.
3. Ask probing and open ended questions. This is where you make the questions more reflective than direct. You don’t have to ask a direct question to get an answer. For example, you could voluntarily share what you do for work as it relates to being tired of working for someone else. This approach is almost like fishing because they’ll either nod or have their own story about how they hate or like their job.
If you haven’t watched the video, take a look and listen to the challenge. Go out and practice. See if you can strike up a conversation with a complete stranger and see just how much information they’re willing to share. How else are you practicing your prospecting skills? Share and comment below.
In a study titled “A Case Against Multi-Level Marketing”, J. Taylor Phd revealed that after conducting an analysis of 500 MLM’s that 99.7% of all MLM participants lose money. With 426 pages to pour over, there are the usual claims of companies, such as Nu Skin, having a pyramid structure where only the “Blue Diamond” level distributors get paid while the other 70k distributors don’t make a dime.
I agree with Taylor’s overall viewpoint that anyone participating in a business venture should do their homework. However, I don’t agree with some of Taylor’s analysis regarding the retailing of MLM products – else why would you participate if you could get “Exclusive,” clinically tested and proven, specially formulated products EVERYWHERE! A somewhat humorous side note, I found it amusing that a Ph.D would site Wikipedia of all places in a scholarly paper – Ahhh but I digress. (I will take my cap off and get back to my point).
After splitting a lot of hairs trying to explain the legal status of MLM’s in every state in the union, Taylor finally points out what a Good MLM would look like. A couple of points that make for a “Good” MLM company, even if Doc Taylor says so:
- Beware when there is more emphasis on the compensation plan than the product
- Distributors eligible for commissions when sales are made to non-participants and not due to personal consumption of products as a requirement
- NO quotas or minimum monthly purchases/ auto-ships necessary
- NO complex matrices
- Limited levels – Taylor suggests a maximum of three levels paid
- NO residual income
Before going into ANY business know what you’re getting into. Know the compensation plan, know the business structure, and….ONLY you can decide what level of risk is in your comfort zone. Finally, take a good look or read the report….that is what people think of network marketing. Still think you’re cut out for Network Marketing? Wonder why it’s so hard to recruit? Still think you can make it off of JUST a warm market Top 25 list? Having the right mindset, realistic expectations, and supportive leadership or a support system can make the difference. If you’re serious about building your business, CLICK HERE to get THE most important tool you will find for any network marketer.
Legitimate incomes are being made in network marketing and there are still good companies out there. Unfortunately some unethical people have tainted the market. We could say the same about Congress, couldn’t we? If you don’t think that residual income, where your assets make money for you instead of cost you, is THE best way to build a financial future then network marketing isn’t for you. Share your frustrations or opinions below.
CAUTION: PROFANITY USED IN THIS VIDEO
In September of last year, 3 men successfully completed a BASE jump from 1 WORLD TRADE CENTER in NYC. As you watch the footage, you see a spectacular view of the lights of one of the buildings racing by as the spectacle is being caught on the unknown skydiver’s helmet-cam. You can feel the adrenaline and hear the force of the wind through the video camera microphone. In the aftermath authorities were scrambling to determine how such a security breach happened. I laughed because 3 months later, a 16-year-old climbed into the complex through a hole in the fence and climbed to the top of the building – that’s a whole different story.
The first thing that came to my mind was that it was one of the coolest things to watch as you see these guys who are totally committed and focused on their mission, successfully complete a jump, land safely and then run away. I couldn’t help but cheer for these guys. At the same time, it was probably one of the dumbest things anyone could ever do. Sometimes I think that is how the people who are closest to us see us in our online marketing endeavors – it’s cool that we’re trying to strike out on our own and pursue a business, but we’re stupid for thinking we can make a living online.
Working as internet marketers, I think we are constantly facing the decision of whether or not to jump in with both feet – Are we committed? Are we too worried about the consequences? I have met people who seem to be waiting for someone to invite them to act. Even after paying the monthly fee for a program, they’re waiting for Something!?. Many marketers purchase the next big Facebook marketing program or spend $1,000’s on coaching and yet do absolutely nothing with the training. In six months all they have done is get ready to GET READY! So I think we can learn something from the SKYDIVER approach to online marketing:
- We have to be fearless in our commitment level to succeed – Are we all in? Will we step off the ledge and test the sales copy, ebook, sales funnel?
- We have to be action takers – create the content, make the blog post, finish the funnel, drive traffic
- Stay focused on what’s important so we land on our feet – avoid the shiny object and be disciplined to the tasks that build the business
- Don’t forget to enjoy the ride – future and continued success will come from reflection and good observation
So to my fellow marketers I say, “Jump IN! The water is fine” Is there something that is stopping you from acting? Are you frustrated with part of the process and don’t know what to do next? Share your comments below or Send this to someone you know that needs a kick in the pants.
Let’s recap our first 6 business tips:
The following are three more Actionable items you can use today to enhance your business from some of the winners of thatMLMbeat.com’s TOP 50 MLM bloggers.
You may have heard this before, but it’s the little daily disciplines that help us reach our goals. If you set clear, measurable goals then it helps you define what those daily actions must be. Don’t underestimate the power in writing those goals down and how just putting them in a hard copy form can bring clarity to your actions. #7 in thatMLMbeat.com’s Top 50 MLM bloggers was Marc Korn who shares this about setting goals:
“Goals make it clear to you what it is that you desire in your life long term……Dream your dreams and set your goals.”
It also helps to have someone with whom you can share your goals to help you really drill down on what you want to achieve. In network marketing, a mentor – maybe your upline or sponsor – can help you identify some of the tasks you need to include to keep your focus centered on your goals. After all they have been where you are and your success is their success.
Network marketing at its core is about relationships. When using an on-line presence such as a blog or facebook page to meet your prospects, how do you connect with your prospects or potential associates? Unless you’ve been blessed with the gift of naturally being able to convey feelings, emotions through words and the ability to elicit those same feelings from your readers, you’re going to need a way to let people get to know you. Nothing is more effective, besides meeting them face-to-face, than video. Voted #8 in thatMLMbeat.com’s Top 50 MLM bloggers was Stacia Hopkins. Stacia just may be the Youtube Queen – if there is a contest, she has my vote. Stacia shares this insight about using videos to meet your audience:
“People want to know who you are and how you can help them. Tell them a little bit about who you are, where you are from, what you are doing and where you are going.”
Click Here to check out Stacia’s Quick and Easy guide to making a video for your blog.
At some point, you are going to have a personal discussion with your prospect – skype, over the phone, face-to-face. One of the keys, if you are a network marketer who is using on-line lead generation, is to eventually take your prospect off-line. Do you have any idea what you’re going to say to your prospect when you call them? How about if your prospect calls you? Voted #9 in thatMLMbeat.com’s Top 50 MLM bloggers is Aurore Jones. Aurore shares her tips on why it’s important, especially for new network marketers, to have script. If you’re having a little stage fright, Aurore offers this advice:
“If you are petrified to pick up the phone, in other words if you don’t call your prospects, somebody else will.”
Having two scripts or even three or four may be the way for you to overcome your fear of talking with people. Plan to have one for a cold call or for prospecting when you first meet someone at an event or at a party and then have a second script for people who are calling you. It goes without saying that you should know your business inside and out so that you can answer any questions that may be concerns for your prospect. Click here to learn Aurore’s tips for what questions and strategies work in developing a script for your business.
Go ahead, get your goals written down. You’ll feel better when you have some clarity and focus. Start figuring out how you’re going to share your story – remember people are interested in doing business with YOU, not you’re company. And BE PREPARED – it won’t hurt to have a script until you polish your speaking skills.
Get the strategies that my team uses to build and train our successful organization – fill in the form to the right and get the Attraction Marketer’s Manifesto
As you might have already guessed, the theme of these business tips are about branding, lead generation, and prospecting.
If you missed Part 1, click here. In part 2, you get more ACTION tips for your business. First let’s recap the top 3 business tips:
Continuing on with our 12 business tips, let’s get to it!
You are going to run into people that cause you to go on the defensive about your business, in some cases it may be someone close to you. When building a business the last thing you need is to purposely throw it into a negative light. Many people will attack your MLM/Network Marketing company as a pyramid scheme or as a get rich quick scam. Coming in at #4 in thatMLMbeat.com’s Top 50 MLM bloggers is Lena Bjorna. Lena offers this advice on dealing with people who attack your business:
“Spend your time and energy on those that have an entrepreneurial mindset and need no convincing to see the potential in your MLM.”
Another consideration for your marketing efforts is how you use social media. People today can attack you by posting rude or negative comments and then share those comments to everyone in their sphere of influence. Letting yourself get sucked into a debate is worse than offering a positive rebuttal and taking the high-road. When you always present yourself in a postivie light, your readers, followers, and friends will come to your rescue.
Whether you understand it or not, when you are talking to people about your business they are taking mental notes. What may sound interesting to them at first may turn into a scary proposition. For example, a complex explanation of your compensation plan or your “20-phone-call guide” to having people join your business may have your prospect questioning whether or not they can really be successful doing what you do. If duplication is the key to creating a successful downline, there is one thing that you must do. Voted #5 in thatMLMbeat.com’s Top 50 MLM bloggers is Richard Matharoo , who tells us to “KEEP IT SIMPLE!”
Richard’s formula for success:
“Open with a general piece of info like [a video], then move to company specific videos or a webinar then follow-up once or twice, that’s it!”
Overwhelming your prospects with too much information too early in the process = disaster!
You may be telling yourself that you hate to see yourself in pictures let alone videos. The facts are that by using video marketing you can reach a broader market in an efficient way while building yourself up as an authority in your business. People connect with you when they see that you’re a real person. Your videos don’t even have to be perfect, in fact if they look too perfect your prospects will feel like they’re being sold versus a real person who is sharing an experience with them. Voted #6 in thatMLMbeat.com’s Top 50 MLM bloggers is Marquel Russell. On Marquel’s blog he gives a simple 4 step process to using video marketing correctly to get results. Marquel says the key step is in the call to action at the end of the video:
“You have to give [your prospect] some kind of action to take because if you don’t, they won’t…tell them what to do next, what to expect next..”
Click on the link above to see Marquel’s 4 step blueprint or click the banner below to find out more about video marketing.
What will you do differently to make sure you’re not scaring away your prospects? Have a smartphone? or built in camera on your laptop? Why not make a short video for your prospects and share it on your facebook page or blog? If your video is on network marketing, message me the link on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/kai.kauai) and I’ll share it here and on my facebook fanpage as well.
Go to Part 3 now and come back for Part 4 coming soon!
ThatMLMbeat.com recently held a contest to find the Top 50 MLM bloggers. I scoured the blogs of each of the Top 9 contestants to bring you the best of the best business tips for your Network Marketing business in 2013. Everything from Attraction Marketing to Prospecting is covered here. There’s no shortage of expertise and wisdom, but most importantly there are REAL actionable items that you can use right now to jump-start your efforts in the New Year. (This is the First installment in a 4 part series)
Network Marketing is definitely not a business for the “Shy” person. If you have identified your STRONG Why, your passion for doing the business, your motivation..then you will understand that your focus on success will give you the courage you need to present your business. Realize that you only need to “Sell” yourself – as a genuine person who is sharing information with people who are interested in what you have to say. But you won’t know if they’re interested if you don’t open your mouth. Voted #1 in thatMLMBeat.com contest was Cesar Rodriguez who says, “You can’t say the wrong thing to the right people.” Cesar is obviously a pro, but has a great delivery and straight up conversational style. After watching his video on cold market prospecting, you will be ready to talk to anyone, anywhere!
Not only is it empowering, but once you get the taste of it, people will see you differently. People will want to be around you, be friends with you, be “attracted” to you. To show that you are “ALL IN” when it comes to your business, you can’t be afraid to let people know that you are serious. We all know about the secret fear that comes from thinking our friends may laugh at us for being in network marketing or the general fear of how those close to us may judge us. You’re already in business! Now take the next step and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Voted #2 in thatMLMBeat.com contest was Jane Orlov, who challenges us, “Do you want to stay in mediocrity or do you want to do something better with your life?” Jane is somewhat of a Cinderella story, but you should really watch her video – it’s truly inspirational.
If you haven’t read “Magnetic Sponsoring” then click here to find out how to get a copy for yourself. Attraction marketing will bring about Change – in the way your mindset works, in your language, and even in your posture. Attraction marketing is the connection between you and your audience on the deepest level – your message makes them feel like you’re speaking directly to them like you knew what they’ve been through, their struggles, their dreams. Voted #3 in thatMLMbeat.com contest was Mavis Nong. One of the principles that Mavis shares that I really relate with is how to make your prospects a priority. Serving your prospects needs, helping them overcome their fears and solving their problems.
“Attraction Marketing is all about drawing people to you, creating a constant stream of real value for people who are actually searching for.” ~Mavis Nong
Click Here to learn how Mavis attracts targeted leads and how you can too!